The Matild Country Hotel in Nemesvita is located in the middle of a 30 km² area of outstanding natural beauty, with beautiful views on all directions and plenty of activities for all age groups, whether families with children, or guests who want to leave the stress of city life behind. The village of Nemesvita, which is situated in the Keszthely mountains, is only 3 km from Lake Balaton and the view from the garden is dominated by the volcanic witness mountains of the Balaton Uplands.
Popular tourist attractions include
- St. George’s Hill
- Kali basin
- Hévíz thermal lake
They are all within 15-20km.
There are a range of options for active holidays:
- bike and walking routes
- water sports
- cave tours
- castle and city visits
- wine tastings and tours
- farmers markets
- horse riding
What awaits you on the western part of the Balaton Uplands and in the Matild Country Hotel?
Horses running on huge green pastures, wildflower fields, panoramic mountains surrounded by volcanic witness mountains, forests, hilltops with beautiful panorama of Lake Balaton, undulating Lake Balaton, wine cellars on the hillside with their vineyards.
Nemesvita is located at the foot of the Keszthely Mountains on the western edge of the Balaton Uplands. A village of 300 people built on a hillside, the backed streets of which give a unique atmosphere.
Our guests who are fans of cycling tours will find excellent routes in the western part of Lake Balaton. The beaches, the volcanic witness mountains, the wine-growing hillsides are all accessible on two wheels.
The area also offers opportunities for tourists who like hiking and walking tours. During excursions to Badacsony and Szent-György Hill, not only will you be able to enjoy the outstanding views, but you can also taste the famous Balaton and Badacsony wines.
The untouched slopes and forests of the Keszthely Mountains, the unique panorama of Lake Balaton from the viewpoints are worth the effort for both young and old.
Kis-Balaton offers unforgettable experiences for nature and bird lovers.
You can also climb countless viewpoints on foot tours (distance from Nemesvita):
- Tücsökdombi viewpoint (1 km)
- Láz-tetői viewpoint (9 km)
- Bél Mátyás viewpoint (9 km)
- Batsányi viewpoint (9 km)
- Kitaibel Pál viewpoint (12 km)
- Padkűi viewpoint (14 km)
- Festetics viewpoint (17 km)
Father Pele’s path: the 8.5 km long 38-station trail consisting of several shorter and longer stone paths between Balatongyörök and Balatonederics is specially recommended for children, to introduce the natural values of the forest habitats of the region.
Cultural heritage lovers are welcomed by nearby towns and castles (distance from Nemesvita):
- Keszthely castle museum (15 km)
- Sümeg castle and knight’s tournament (21 km)
- Szigliget castle ruin (8 km)
- Csobánc castle ruin (18 km)
- Rezi castle ruina and viewpoint (15 km)
- Tátika castle ruin (18 km)
- Hegyesd castle ruin (21 km)
- Nagyvázsony castle (40 km)
- Somló castle ruin and wine region(50 km)
Programs within 15 km:
- Csodabogyós Cave
- Africa Museum
- Western Park
- Beauty viewpoint, Balatongyörök
- The observation decks listed above
- Szigligeti Castle
- St. George’s Hill basalt organs, wine cellars
- Tapolca Lake Cave, Mill Lake
- Rezi DinoPark
- Exhibitions of the Helikon Castle Museum in Keszthely: Castle, Hunting, Carriage, Railway Model, Palm House and Bird Park
- Imre Festetics Experience Centre and Nature House, Gyenesdiás
- Badacsony basaltorgons, wine cellars, port
Programs within 30 km
- Sümeg castle and knight’s tournament
- Thermal Lake in Hévíz
- Káptalantóti Liliomkert Farmers Market
- Kali Basin
- Salföld: nature conservation major
- Kis-Balaton visitor centre, buffalo sanctuary
- Kehidakustány Adventure Bath
A little further away, but worth a trip:
- Veszprém ZOO
- Tihany Peninsula
- Balatonfüred, Lake promenade
- Balatonbob, Balatonfűzfő